Located on the east side of the San Francisco Bay, Alameda County is one of the most vibrant and diverse counties in the Bay Area.
Alameda County has everything you can ask for. Some of the highest ranking schools in the region, safe walkable communities, splendid homes and properties, thriving urban centers, and more.
In 2016, Alameda County was awarded the National association of Counties Achievement Award for its continued excellence in areas such as financial stability, health care, technology and innovation, public safety, and more.
Here everybody has a place to call home. There’s a wide variety of properties and communities to choose from. Centrally located, it’s one of the most desired locations for families and young professionals commuting to San Francisco and Silicon Valley. It’s more affordable here too.
Alameda County Real Estate and Homes for Sale
Alameda County’s wide array of real estate options and great location are some of the biggest reasons people choose to move here.
Its diverse mix of cities and neighborhoods have something to offer for everyone. Plus, the overall median listing prices here are relatively lower than other Bay Area counties.
Alameda County features a lot of recent developments and new constructions that’s easing some of the strain from high home prices.
Most of the housing stock is made up of single family homes, followed by condominiums, and townhouse properties. And there’s also a large number of vacant lots available.
Best cities to live in include:
- Piedmont – Both CNNMoney and Forbes rank Piedmont as one of the best places in the U.S. to live. A historic city located within Oakland, it features a charming small-town atmosphere, beautiful tree-lined streets, and the best schools in the Bay Area. It also has quick commute times to San Francisco.
- Emeryville – A bayside city north of Oakland’s border. This small town is home to a large number of companies and serves as a regional employment center. It’s got great views of the bay and features a lot of great shops, international restaurants, and entertainment centers.
- Dublin – Located a little further inland, the City of Dublin sits about 20 minutes from the bay. This city offers a lot of great residential suburbs and new developments that are more affordable than in other areas. It’s a great place for families.
- Oakland – The county seat and largest city in Alameda County. Boasts exciting urban amenities including some of the best restaurants, shopping, and entertainment in the Bay Area. This city features fantastic neighborhoods and a wonderful culture.
- Pleasanton – Bordered by the City of Dublin to the north, Pleasanton is another one of the county’s inland cities. Like Dublin, it features a more suburban feel and features a large number of available homes and new developments.
There’s no shortage of things to do and places to see in and around Alameda County. Make sure to visit at least one or two of the following places whenever you’re in the Bay Area.
Featured attractions in Alameda County:
- Oakland Zoo
9777 Golf Links Rd, Oakland
- Lawrence Hall of Science 1
Centennial Dr, Berkeley
- Lake Merritt
- Oracle Arena
7000 Coliseum Way, Oakland
- Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum
7000 Coliseum Way, Oakland
- USS Hornet Museum
707 W Hornet Ave, Alameda
- Crown Memorial State Beach
8th Street and Otis Drive, Alameda
Some of the best restaurants in the Bay Area are located in Alameda County. In 2015, USA Today ranked the City of Oakland as one of the Best Local Food Scenes of 2015. Alameda County is full of great foodie cities including:
Parks and recreation areas:
- Redwood Regional Park
7867 Redwood Rd, Oakland
- Anthony Chabot Regional Park
9999 Redwood Rd, Castro Valley
- McLaughlin Eastshore State Park
Explore the single-family homes, condos, townhouse, vacant lots and land in Alameda County. Call San Francisco and Bay Area Realtor Richard Sarro today.
Alameda CA Homes for Sale – Alameda County Real Estate
IDX information is provided exclusively for consumers' personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing. Listings on this page identified as belonging to another listing firm are based upon data obtained from the SFAR MLS, which data is copyrighted by the San Francisco Association of REALTORS®, but is not warranted.